Published 07.11.2019 Dead-line: 21.11.2019
Starting date will be 1st January 2020 (or earliest thereafter). The position is fixed term for 24 months.
The portfolio will include the following:
- To provide consular assistance to Danish nationals in Belgium and Luxembourg. Tasks will involve
issuing of passports, citizenship questions, marital cases, the drafting of certificates (including in some
cases translations) as well as assistance in cases of incarceration, death, theft and other emergencies.
- To assist non-Danish nationals in Belgium and Luxembourg having ties to Denmark with matters related
to residence and work permits as well as with questions pertaining to family reunification.
- To respond to questions and requests from the public as well as from Belgian and Luxemburgish
authorities and ensuring the day-to-day contact with the Danish honorary consuls in Belgium and
- To follow the political and economic developments in Belgium with a primary focus on reporting on
Belgian positions prior to EU meetings.
- To respond to instructions from Danish authorities concerning Belgian politics and legislation. Work
includes dialogue and cooperation with authorities in Denmark and Belgium.
- To make oral presentations on Belgian politics and society for visiting groups.
We offer a friendly, collaborative and dynamic work environment with a flat and informal organisational
structure. The position demands a flexible approach. Tasks and portfolio may therefore be subject to change
according to organisational needs.
- Relevant educational background.
- Knowledge of Danish and Belgian society and administration.
- Excellent command of Danish oral and written. Good communication skills in English and French.
Knowledge of Dutch will be an asset.
- Strong analytical skills and good understanding of the political perspectives in the tasks.
- Great interpersonal skills and team player abilities.
- An independent, flexible, and robust mind-set.
For questions please contact Mrs. Uta von Fintel (+32 02 233 09 19 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
This is a position offered for local recruitment according to compensation levels reflecting local conditions. The
salary will reflect your qualifications, relevant experience and proven work-related results. The position is a full
time employment offered for a fixed term of 24 months.
Application and recruitment process
To apply for the position, please send your application in one PDF-file including cover letter, CV, proof of
relevant education, recommendations and references in English to the Embassy at email@example.com and copy
to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Embassy position” in the e-mail title field.
Deadline for application
21 November 2019.
The Embassy of Denmark in Belgium acts under the authority of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark and
is part of the Danish network of diplomatic representations abroad. The Embassy of Denmark in Belgium cares
for the bilateral relationship between Denmark and Belgium in which consular affairs, political and economic
exchanges, export prom