Published 09.10.2020 Deadline for application: 23.10.2020
The Greenland Representation is looking for a new employee employed on local terms in Brussels to increase Greenland’s participation in and benefits of the EU programs available to Greenland. The work is performed in close collaboration with the Head of Representation and the other employees at the representation, the ministries of the Government of Greenland, especially the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and other relevant entities in Greenland, contacts in the EU-institutions and employees in the OCTA-Secretariat responsible for EU-programs, etc.
Your primary assignments
- Disseminate knowledge about horizontal EU-programs available to Greenlandic stakeholders. Including Erasmus+, Creative Europe, Horizon2020/ Horizon Europe, COSME, Enterprise Europe Network, European Solidarity Corps, BEST 2.0 +, Northern Periphery and Arctic Programme
- Advise applicants in Greenland about EU programs and assist with the application processes, follow-ups, reporting and continuously create awareness about calls and deadlines
- Work for Greenland’s access and benefit from additional funds made accessible for the Overseas Countries and Territories (OCT)
Possibly collaborate with other OCT’s under the auspices of OCTA – Overseas Countries and Territories Association
- Monitor and disseminate information as well as write reports of various EU related topics of relevance to Greenland
- Assist in ad hoc tasks at the representation as well as with topics raised at the EU level relevant to Greenland
- When needed, participate on prepare visits from Greenland and from the EU to Greenland with the rest of the employees at the representation
- Additional office-practical/logistical matters
Your qualifications, competences and experience
- Relevant university degree, at least bachelor’s level
- You have a sound knowledge about Greenlandic society and culture
- You have as much as possible proficient communication and dissemination skills in English, Greenlandic and Danish
- Prior knowledge and experience with EU-related work will be an advantage
- Prior experience with working in a politically run organization is an advantage
- Experience in working with international organizations or working abroad is an advantage
- You are outgoing
- You have good collaboration and communication skills
- You are capable of working both independently and in teams
- You work with good overview of your tasks, with good professional analytical skills and knowledge on how a certain assignment cohere with the greater political and/or organizational agenda
Wage and employment conditions
This is an employment on local terms in accordance with Belgian regulations as well as the framework for a local employment at the Danish Embassy in Belgium. The salary level will reflect qualifications, experience and former work-related results. It is a fulltime employment from the outset with a fixed-term for 2 years. Relocation is not paid for nor is the travel to the place of employment.
Further information about the position can be acquired by contacting the Head of Representation Mininnguaq Kleist, tel. +32 (0) 2 233 0961, e-mail: email@example.com
Deadline for application: October 23rd 2020 at 16:00 hours
The person chosen for the position will start work on November 1st 2020 or other mutually agreed date.
The representation safeguards the interests of Greenland towards the EU on behalf of the Government of Greenland and is therefore, involved in the EU-Greenland Partnership Agreement (The Greenland Decision), the Sustainable Fisheries Partnership Agreement between the EU and Greenland, the Joint Declaration, collaboration with the overseas countries and territories, EU-member states and other collaborative partners Greenland has within the EU. Furthermore, the representation work on Greenland’s interests and assignments related to the EU Arctic Policy, Brexit, the Inuit exemption for seal products and other ad hoc tasks that are related to the general interest of Greenland.